Wednesday 25th November, follow up thoughts
How does God love us?
John's Gospel tells us that 'God is love', so we might say that it is the essence of Him, and where we find love, we find something of God. You might like to find out more about this:
- Romans 5:8 teaches us, that God shows his love for us while we were still sinners: for Christ died for us.
- John 3:16 says that we had not even been born, but God was already at work to provide a way for us to spend eternity with him.
- John 14:3 notes that Jesus has prepared a place for those who love him, where we will dwell in His presence forever.
There are limitless expressions of God's perfect, unconditional love for us. One of these is the fact that He created us:
- Colossians 1:16 says that all things were created through him and for him.
- John 1:3 adds that this includes every person who has ever lived.
God also shows His love for us by keeping us going:
Return to blog