Tuesday 30th June, follow up thoughts
Exploring how we repent.
God wants us to repent of our sin, and when we do, he welcomes us back as His children. But how do we repent?
- God's idea of goodness and sin is different to ours. Isaiah says 'My thought are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways.' (Isaiah Chapter 55.8)
- We need to say sorry and confess our sin - the things we know, and those we simply don't acknowledge - all those times we have broken God's laws, and resolve to change.
- We need to to turn away from our sins and resolve not to commit them again.
- We need to change our lives to bring us back into alignment with God. (Acts Chapter 3.19)
- We must continue to ask Jesus' help in refraining from sinning.
Return to blog