Thursday 22nd October, follow up thoughts
Here's some ideas about SOS prayers:
- Use ordinary language and keep it simple - imagine you are speaking to a friend. "Lord help me, now", or "give me strength to keep going" is quite enough.
- Use the Bible, perhaps the psalms, to show you how others prayed.
- Use your whole body when you urgently need to pray, perhaps go for a walk, or look at something that inspires you, and just let the urgent words come.
- Use words aloud, whisper or shout, it doesn't matter, just use your voice.
- Get into the habit of turning to God before things go wrong.
Return to blog