Saturday 1st August, follow up thoughts
St James in his Epistle says we are blessed when we endure temptation, but the question is "How do we resist temptation?" Here are some thoughts that might be useful:
- We need to know what it is that tempts us to sin, and remember that its a natural human failing.
- Try to avoid putting yourself in a situation where you're going to be tempted - and run away when you are!
- Repent, when you cannot resist temptation.
- Ask God's help when faced with temptation.
- Pick yourself up after a failure and move on positively.
Return to blog